backloggery now playing

backloggery now playing
now playing on the backlog

Thursday 11 July 2013

Yet another ancient entry played for maybe an hour when I first got it in 2004 (9 years ago now) and finally cleared off the backlog. Initially tried to play the improved port on PC, but could not get it to run so just decided to go with XBox after that. Which was better I suppose because I still had my save a few chapter in.

Overall a very tidy little game. Have a feeling it ran on the Doom 3 engine or something very similar to it cause visually it is strikingly similar. I did have an unusual problem in that all the visuals were extremely blocky. Don't know if this was an XBox thing or if I had some other problem but it didn't hamper me too much. Lots of interesting mechanics in this game such as the shining eyes, good mix of stealth and combat and well though out paths through the escape of the prison. Overall was quite easy though but definitely more enjoyable than I was expecting. And of course, the charm and charisma of Vin Diesel was a big part of it too.

2 comments: